Friday, December 9, 2011

The Week of 28 November 2011

Ack! I fell way behind! I remember feeling like I was slacking this week but typing this all up I realized I did the complete opposite!

Monday
Tone Zone / 1:00 hour

I was really focused this class. I realized about 45 minutes in that I had been staring at myself with a crazy, determined face. I started using the 8lb and 10lb weights nearly exclusively.

Tuesday
Lunch Run!/ 6.25 miles / 53 minutes

It was such a nice, crisp day. I love running over lunch. I come back with rosy cheeks and feel so accomplished for the day. I felt really, really strong and charged up the big hills even on my way back when I was feeling tired.

Wednesday
Spin/ 45 minutes

Today was a strength ride. I much prefer these to tabatas.

Thursday
Off. Went to filmstreams to see the Descendants with my parents. Pretty decent, but it definitely upset my dad. Bummertown.

Friday.
Barbell/ 1:00 hour

25lbs for squats again, 15lbs for the "power" section, forgot to take off the extra 5lbs for arms and almost fell over, things were a lot better once I went down to 10lbs for arms.

Treadmill/ 9.18 miles/ 1 hour 30 minutes
Had time to kill after work, went to the gym and put the treadmill on the cross-country mode and slogged away. Those 1 minute intervals at 5% and 6% incline are brutal!!

Saturday
Spin / 50 minutes

This class fills up insanely fast now. I walked in right as the 815 class went out and within 5 minutes, all the bikes were taken. She had us to standing intervals and I’m struggling to find a position where I feel powerful that isn’t just the aerobar position. How the heck do you get 85 rpms when you’re standing straight up???


Snow run!!/ 5.03 miles/ 48 minutes

So awesome and quiet. Trudged through fresh snow for most of it and the fake yaktrax held up great. I overdressed but oh well, the scenery made up for it.

Sunday
Off. Pat’s aunt passed away and we had the memorial service in the evening. And we laid around the house all morning, cleaned, and watched movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment