Thursday, December 15, 2011

Radvent - Fascination

How do I keep myself interesting? I’m not afraid to go new places, talk to new people, eat in restaurants, go for a run...alone. I travel for work a lot and I’ve found myself wandering Miami alone, eating sushi alone in Louisville KY, running through Boise ID, and sitting in airports alone for hours. I devour all information pertaining to any topic I find remotely interesting. I love knowledge, I love facts, and I love well researched articles. I love picking up a new magazine in an airport and reading every article cover to cover in an hour. I love to ask new people questions about things they love, it’s such a great way to get to know a person and to learn about something I probably never knew existed.

What is the best part of your day? Either waking up and having doggy cuddle time (assuming Pat is gone) or coming home and seeing Pat’s face. Since he works so early (usually at 5am), we rarely interact face to face during the day until I get home. As soon as I see him, my whole day changes. I feel like the best part of the day has started.

You have 1 week to do anything you want. You are freed from work, school, family, and home obligations. What do you do? Go somewhere with Pat!! Right now I’ve been dreaming about camping, hiking, and running around all the canyons in southern Utah. I would love to wake up every day for a run, eat pancakes for breakfast, hike all afternoon, and have a great beer with a hearty dinner. That sounds like heaven right now!

What is an accomplishment you are so proud of? Becoming a runner. Calling it was lifestyle change doesn’t even begin to describe what running has done for me. My health is one of my top priorities now and I have made sacrifices and changes to keep it that way but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I no longer sleep past 9am on a weekend; obsolete are the mornings where I’m hungover and unable to function; and I have had some incredible, bliss filled moments out on my own, on some running path, drenched in sweat. Running has made me a new person and has given me such great gratitude for every day I am alive.

What makes you laugh? Pat mostly. Buckley sometimes. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. TV shows. I’m also really good at cracking myself up.

What and/or who do you miss in your daily life? Being a blissed out kid. I had a kickass childhood and even better parents. I would give a lot to go back to feeling so free from everything. I miss my grandma the way she was when I was little. Feeling her braid my hair, pulling all the loose strands so tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment