Monday
Tone Zone/ 1 Hour
Bumped up to 12lb weights for lunges, squats, dead lifts, dead lift row, and rows. 8lbs for chest press and some tricep stuff. 5lbs when I got too tired to do anything else. Lots of core work today. I cannot do a side plank after doing tons of other core work beforehand. So incredible sore on Tuesday and Wednesday!
Tuesday
5.61 miles/ 50 minutes
I had every intention of running before work today but I felt like I got hit by a bus thanks to Tone Zone. So I slept and slept and packed clothes to run in outside during my lunch break, but forgot socks. I knew the rain was coming but I had a decent rain jacket and decided to go anyway. It's just rain, right?? Finished feeling like a boss but looking like a drowned rat. Thank heavens for showers in the office basement. Butt is unbelievably sore. It might fall off later.
Wednesday
Spin/ 45 minutes
Jumps, jumps, and more jumps. And on a sore sore sore butt, this was painful. Poured sweat and got through it.
Thursday
Off. Was sore and tired and cranky. Just wanted to be at home. So I did.
Friday
Barbell Class/ 1 hour
15lbs power, 10lbs biceps, chest, shoulders, 25 lbs squats, 20 lbs lunges. Abs sore from the core work, my arms felt instantly tired, and my butt is still a little sore from Monday! I will try bumping up weight next week for power and arms. Tempted to try squats with 30lbs, but I might wait until 2012. Haha.
Saturday
14.07 miles/ 2 hours 6 minutes
I set out after having an extremely indulgent breakfast and feeling pretty ridiculous about it. Also it was 50 degrees on December 17th. How could I not seize the day?? I knew I wanted to hit at least 10 miles. I have been slacking on my long runs as is my usual. They just take up so much time..wwaaaaa. whatever. No excuses. I set out just before 3pm and wanted to run until the sun went down, whatever pace. I tried to ease in, keep the pace above 9 minutes for the first few miles. First mile: 8:53. Crap, slooowww it. Second mile: 8:53. Ok, well, screw it. Run until you blow up Cherko. So I did. All the way down to the keystone, around all the parks, and back home. Hit a couple of 9:25 miles toward the end. Last mile? Well Cherko, you wanted this. Go earn it. 8:22. 14.07 miles at an average 8:57 pace. Holy crap. Who knows what things will look like come May.
Sunday.
Rest. Left calf was sore. I definitely should have taken an ice bath on Saturday. I had every intention of getting up to meet the run club downtown at 8am, but waking up and feeling how tender my calf was I decided extra rest wouldn’t hurt – especially since I was sore all week. Drank a lot of wine all day instead. Yesssssss.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment