Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Radvent - Balance

BALANCE

How do I do it all? Simply put, I make time and assign priorities. The most important things in my life are my husband, my family, and exercising/eating. I started working out early early in the morning to make sure I have time in the evening to spend with Pat. Pat buys the groceries for dinner when he gets off work and then I don’t have to spend time at the store and can spend time with him while I make dinner. And I see my family at least once a week when we all go the gym together on Saturday mornings. Pat time, gym time, and family time are more or less written in permanent marker in my mental planner. Things get moved around here and there (e.g., skipping the gym this coming Saturday to go to brunch with friends). I really loathe it when people say they’re “just so busy” or “don’t have time”. There is plenty of time; it just depends on how everyone assigns priorities. I take ownership of each day and try to celebrate each day for what it is.

What are the three most important things to do today?

1. 5:45 am spin class with Dad and Sister. Completed.
2. One on One time with the hubs. Haven’t had much of it yet this week. Will be completed as soon as I get home from work. We’re going for a run together and then making dinner.
3. Get ready for the very important potentially life changing interview tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment