Monday, November 28, 2011

The Week of 21 November 2011

Monday
Tone Zone / 1:00 hour

Classes are starting to get super full! I’m glad I get there so early. We used the resistance tube things mostly and then finished our sets with weights. Shoulders are spent from holding the band up during all squats and lunges. I really wonder if lunges will ever not burn to the point where it feels like my leg is going to fall off?

Tuesday
6.25 miles / 1:00 hour

Got my buns up and out before work again. It’s becoming easier and easier. Looking forward to when there is sunshine and I can run outside alone in the mornings. I’m just too intimidated to go it alone at the crack of dawn. Probably because I don’t think the dog knows how to call 911 if I don’t come back. Anyway, the treadmill was fine. I always seem to struggle right around 2 mile mark (or about 20 minutes in). It never fails. But once I make it to the 30 min mark, it seems a lot more manageable. But man, the longest 10 minutes of my life are always the last 10 minutes of a treadmill run. Forever.

Wednesday
Spin Class / 45 min

Early morning spin with Gina. She put us through a workout called tabatas, which are essentially fartleks on a bike. Except she had us do 4 sets of eight 20 sec intervals with the gear as heavy and as fast as you could manage with 10 second recoveries. I was toast by the time we got to the third set. It BURNED.

Thursday.
Thanksgiving!

No Turkey Trotting for me. I put off making rolls until the morning of, so my running time was swallowed up by babysitting roll dough. Boo.

Friday.
8.63 miles / 1:23:15

Pat really wanted to go to Tranquility so we hustled out there to catch as much daylight as we could. I did the first 3 miles without him and then watched him zoom off like a jackrabbit for the last 5ish. I would just see him off in the distant popping over the little hills or flying down a descent. I’m jealous of that big man heart and lungs he has. We were out there past dark and I had the honor of running between a few deer and hearing a Great Horned Owl waking up for the evening.

Saturday
1 mile / 9:00
Spin Class / 45 min

Got to spin class super duper early to save a bike for dad and I. Got there well before the other class let out so I ran on the treadmill for a mile until the earlier class was out. Sarah, the Saturday spin instructor is a dream. She is hilarious and makes us sing and dance on the bikes. I raised my seat bar up to “H” and felt a huge power difference. I couldn’t believe how “easy” some of the heavier gears felt.

Sunday
10.52 miles / 1:31:07

Pat joined me for the first 2 miles but I stayed well behind him as he was only going about 3 miles. When the first mile beeped at me at sub-9, I told myself to slow down. Next mile beeped sub 9, and so on. So I just stuck with it. And I managed an average 8:39 mile pace the entire run. Celebrated with wine at Tim and Emily’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment