Monday
Yoga / 1:00 hour
I did the power yoga DVD I’ve had for ages. I hadn’t tried it in awhile, but it used to absolutely kick my ass. I remember not being able to complete the entire hour. Suffice to say, I kicked butt. The only pose I couldn’t do was inverted bow pose on my tip toes. That’s just crazy!
Tuesday
6.08 miles/ 55:15
I put some new batteries in the headlamp and willed myself out the door in the dark after work. The stars were nice and clear and I sprinted the last mile home. My left heel was buggin a bit but overall I felt fine and it didn’t hurt at all after.
Wednesday
Spin / 45 min
We did 2 loops of hill climbs. I was pouring sweat and it was definitely better than the intervals we did last Wednesday!
Thursday
6.25 miles/ 1:00 hour
I got my buns up and got to the gym to run on the treadmill. I feel pretty darn accomplished about that! Definitely fought mental fatigue more than physical, I’ve gotta retrain my brain to the treadmill here soon!
Friday
Barbell/ 1:00 hour
15lbs for the first round of deadlifts, rows, etc. 20lbs for 5 mins of squats and 10lbs for all arm work. My arms felt tiny and weak all day Friday. I think I can definitely add weight for squats.
Saturday
Spin / 45 min
Got up and went to the 8:15am spin since the football game was at 11:00am. The instructor picked some weird weird music (We Are the World!?) but she had us doing lots and lots of climbing and it was good. Great way to start Saturday. I was planning on running in the afternoon after the game, but the temperature dropped about 30 degrees and the wind picked up. I definitely was not feeling like battling a frigid wind and I really didn’t want to go back to the gym. So I just let it slide. Oh well!
Sunday
4.02 miles / 37:25
I met up with my dearest friend Jody at Chalco to run with the Omaha Run club before their annual meeting. I didn’t think it was going to be anything formal or anything that started on time. So I didn’t think anything of the fact that I was about 10 minutes late. When I pulled into the parking lot, I could see everyone running across the reservoir! Crap! I collected my items and just wandered into the pavilion and luckily Jody waited for me. She was happy that I wasn’t worried about going fast or going with the group. It was so nice to be out in the sunshine and chatting away with her. When we got to the top of the hill where you can either go right and do 4 or go straight and do 6, we opted for the 4. Which was good by me since that hill before the bridge always kills me.
Overall not the mileage I wanted for the week, but I still did something involving sweat every day of the week. So I’m very pleased with it!
Monday, November 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment