Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Week of 7 November 2011

Monday
The Tone Zone / 1:00 hour.

In my quest to be a #1 badass, I got 3 sets of weights this week (5lbs, 8lbs, 10 lbs). Used the 5lbs for biceps/arms, 10lbs for squats and lunges, and 8lbs for things in-between. Felt great at the time but ended up being so insanely sore. I blame lunges. It’s always the damn lunges.

Tuesday – off

Wednesday
Spin / 45 min. Got my buns up at 5:00 am to get to this class. I was definitely more alert this time than the last 5:45am class but I was so sore I was definitely lacking in power. Went to see Paul Simon that night and it was amazing. One of the best concerts of my life for sure!

Thursday
P90x abs with Pat and 3.33 miles/29:32

I always try to make it a point to run at night when there is a full moon. It almost never happens in the summer, but spring and fall are primetime moonlight running seasons. When I got home from work, I could feel the motivation just fall out of me but Pat suggested we do P90x abs in the basement. After the 15 minutes of ab torture, I was feeling sufficiently warmed up so I convinced Pat to join me in a quick jog around the neighborhood. It was beautiful night and as always, I found myself chasing after him.

Friday
Barbell Class/ 45 min.

This was my first barbell class ever and at the time I felt like it was relatively easy. I had 15 lbs on my barbell, which I switched to 10 for the majority of the arm stuff. Next time I’ll be sure to have a heavier barbell for squats and other leg stuff. I barely even worked up a sweat, but as the day went on, I began to feel it more and more in my hamstrings, quads, butt, and arms. An awesome way to start a Friday!

Saturday
Angry Cow 12 miler at Schramm Park. (Actually 11.37 miles/1:56:09)

This was my second foray into “trail” running and I’m beginning to really love it. It’s not as convenient as running on the roads, but it is so much more enjoyable. I stayed at Jody’s house on Friday night to reduce my drive time on Saturday morning and we (Jody, Rodney, me) met up with Tim and Emily, Bruce, and Mike that morning. Jody, Emily, and Rodney did the 6, Tim, Mike, Bruce and myself did the 12. The course was 4 loops of roughly 3 miles and there were some decent climbs and a screaming descent. The first 2 loops were decently crowded but I did the last 2 mostly by myself except for when Tim lapped me! It was fun coming into the tent each lap and having everyone cheer and encourage me and sweet Emily ran me in for the last few yards of the last lap. In a fun little twist, I was 3rd woman overall in the 12 mile, but also last place!

Sunday
5.26 miles/49:48

My butt was sore from barbell/trail run and the weather was perfect so I decided to seize the day. Kept the effort solid and enjoyed the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment