Monday, November 7, 2011

The Week of 24 October 2011

Monday
6.71 miles/ 65 min
Hotel Treadmill
Had to be in Kentuckiana for work for a few days. Went to the hotel gym to hopefully do some cardio and weights, but they had no weights. Cranked up the Nicki Minaj and just tried to zone out on the ‘mill.

Tuesday
Rest. Tireeddd from working.

Wednesday
Spin 45 min
Weights
I’m really enjoying lifting. It doesn’t take too much time and I am definitely feeling stronger. I need to be more regular about it. I’m currently at about 2 times per week, I’d like to be at three and be completely on schedule with it.

Thursday
6.21 miles/ 52:58.
Yoga 1 hour
I felt absolutely incredible and on fire during the run. I ran from the gym, around Elmwood and Memorial Parks and back. I focused on my legs and not flopping them to the side when I’m tired and I was able to run the last mile at 7:49. It was beautiful.
I followed all of that up with an hour of yoga which was awesome and included plenty of shaking quads!

Friday
3.86 miles/ 34 min.
Chased Pat around the Neighborhood. I was able to convince him to SLOW DOWN and not absolutely kill me during the first mile.

Saturday
Rest. Volunteered at the Monster Dash at Vala’s. I was completely wiped out after the race and football game that day. I slept great that night!

Sunday
8.12 miles. 1:14.
We went out to Pat’s grandma’s house for the afternoon and I ran with Pat and his sister’s roommate for the first two miles. At the turnaround, I felt great and didn’t want to stop, so I left them and continued down the gravel road which is nothing but ups and downs until it hits a subdivision. I was in cruise mode and powered up every hill like it was no big deal. I turned around when my watched showed 4 miles and I really wished I would have brought water. I would have easily been able to crush 10-12 miles that day. Run up and down the gravel roads definitely got me thinking about running the Bohemian Alps 50k next year and depending upon how next summer goes, I’m likely going to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment