Wednesday, March 4, 2009

sunny mornings

winter is finally shaking free of me and my state. about mid-december, my body/mind tend to glaze over and i typically don't shake it until early February. I suppose it's seasonal affect disorder, but i've never bothered to have it diagnosed. Anyway. I've been getting my buns to work around 830 because I've been enjoying the mornings so much. Our bedroom has windows on the east wall and the room is so comforting and pretty at 7am, that I cannot tear myself from the sheets and the warm puppy cuddled up tight next to me. It's nearly impossible if i have a warm husband there as well.

Now is the time of year when I sing to the trees when I'm alone in my car ("Waakke up! waake up!") and I smile to myself everytime I hear a frantic canada goose honking overhead.

I am looking forward to more saturday birding and garage sales and gardening. I am looking forward to the sun still being there at 5pm when I leave cubeland. I am looking forward to drinking booze on the deck and grilling meats.

Oh Nebraska, you always know how to make me appreciate every season and every single change you bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment