Wednesday, January 14, 2009

sleep

When it is this cold outside (currently 5, but feels like -14) I just shut down. The only thing I can stand to do is sleep. Getting up this morning was a battle, especially with Buckley all cozied up next to me. But it was nice to take my time getting ready and still having time to play with him to wear him out before he has to be kenneled.

Overall, this morning was a lot easier on me. We got up around 615a, I washed and brushed, I put down a training pad for him (there was no way I was going outside in that cold and I'm still a little concerned about Buckley getting too cold, he's so tiny!), he used it and then frolicked for an hour. We laid down and he started to drift off right about when I needed to leave, I locked him up and made it out of the house without hearing his yelps.

Frank, our roommate, will be working from home more frequently and I'm a little worried it may completely freak him out to hear someone in the kitchen.

Buckley was alone for about an hour and a half yesterday and he pooped everywhere in his kennel and himself and it took him about 2 hours to calm down. I'm still amazed at how similar he is to a baby. I was trying to get dinner ready and he was plain fussy. Once Pat laid down with him, he fell asleep instantly and stayed asleep for an hour.

I have the droops at work and can't stay awake. It's been a struggle especially as I'm making my way through to world of exciting EPA documents.

I am going to bed by 930 tonight friends, because its January and 5 degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment