Monday, June 29, 2009

Yay for summer

As of late, I’ve been blissed out of my mind. The house is good (better now that we got the AC running), the dog is good, healthy, and newly neutered, my mind and soul are good, the husband is good, our love is good. We were in Yellowstone, hiking our hearts out and just breathing with each other and looking at each other’s faces every day and it was the most contented feeling; wandering around the 2 million plus acre heaven, soaking it up, and dreaming of moving to northern Wyoming when we get old. I didn’t really feel like I needed a vacation, but maybe that made me more able to enjoy it so fully? Not stressing about coming back, not the least bit concerned about what was waiting at work or home. It was such a wonderful trip and we really had such a good time.

From Yellowstone 2009


We did a slightly financially foolish thing and put the deposit down for our Argentina trip. We not quite in the place we thought we’d be, but we’re going for it anyway. Argentina may always be there, but whether or not we’ll be able to get there is the bigger issue. I’ve got wanderlust almost worse than I’ve ever had it and I’m fairly confident it has to do with the fact that everything in my life is so good (I do realize it’s horribly obnoxious to keep stating that, but I just can’t get over it). I’m dreaming about what roadtrips to take in 2010 that will be jam packed and under $1000 (Yellowstone was under that mark, and it just seems super cheap for what we got out of it). We could go to the desert and soak it in (since it keeps calling me for whatever reason), start on our tour of the country’s national parks.

We went to see Away We Go last night. Which is aiding in my current dream-like state, wandering off into thought about taking our babies around the country to appreciate its hugeness and beauty, giggling and holding tiny hands, little tiny shoes and socks… UGH. Enough of that, that will come soon enough.

I so love that I am a grown-up and I love the grown-up I’ve become. I never knew where I’d end up, but I would never ever change a thing if it meant altering where I am now. I love our house, my garden, my husband, our little puppy, my families, waking up on Sunday mornings and getting brunch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment